April 2017 update

Updates on Pokemon GO, Pokemon GO Pro, and other relevant information.
Lyraglide

April 2017 update

Post#1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:14 am

Interesting post at Silph Road on new code in the update (see the comments). They appear to be adding support for some feature that would require Pokemon sitting in gyms to be fed berries, and for players to get notification screens to tell them their mons are hungry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/c ... plete_for/

jpdenoyer

Re: April 2017 update

Post#2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Depending on how often placed pokemon need to be fed, this could be a problem for me. My occupied gyms are spread out. I don't keep tract but know there are some that I haven't been near for a few weeks.

Lyraglide

Post#3 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:26 pm

I shouldn't think it would inconvenience spoofers very much, though. Easy for them to visit gyms, easy for them to refill on candies at pokestops.

Though I really can't imagine why spoofers are still interested in playing. Like the fellow who used to post here moaning about how boring the game was after he'd completed his pokedex by spoofing, and expecting Niantic to do something to fix that problem for him.

NotanotherKangaskhan

Post#4 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 am

jpdenoyer wrote:Depending on how often placed pokemon need to be fed, this could be a problem for me. My occupied gyms are spread out. I don't keep tract but know there are some that I haven't been near for a few weeks.

I'm like you in that I don't have much idea which Gym some of mine have been left in. I've have some that haven't been booted for months. Having them spread out is the best way of absorbing spoofer attacks as they will smash a concentrated area as my crew found out recently. Others in my crew lost 6-10 over night as they were in Gym local to where we live, where I only had 3-4 booted.

I also agree in failing to see how it will combat spoofers unless I'm missing something. They still play on a screen like live location players only they use GPS fooling devices/programs as to their actual physical location.

Return to “News”