Pokemon now faints training in own team's gym?

Updates on Pokemon GO, Pokemon GO Pro, and other relevant information.
Lyraglide

Pokemon now faints training in own team's gym?

Post#1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:29 pm

It was my understanding that if you are battling in your own team's gym, you only get to fight with one pokemon, but they don't faint if they lose. They require a potion, but not a revive. That has been my experience in the past, though I don't do a lot of gym battles.

I have tried battling in my own team's gyms in the past few days and found that while I still only get one pokemon, I need a revive, because the pokemon faints after a loss. In some cases, if they win the first battle and lose the second, a revive isn't needed, but in others, it's needed even after only losing the second battle. Anyone else notice this?

boogerkeith

Re: Pokemon now faints training in own team's gym?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Yeah. I noticed the same thin. I was deleting my revives when my bag would fill. Now I am out of revives. LOL

Lyraglide

Post#3 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 pm

boogerkeith wrote:Yeah. I noticed the same thin. I was deleting my revives when my bag would fill. Now I am out of revives. LOL

Tell me about it. And suddenly pokestops that previously wouldn't give me anything but revives don't give any at all when I've got mons that need them.

WarBeetle

Post#4 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 am

If your Pokemon was defeated when training in a gym owned by your team, your Pokemon would not need a revive as it was shown as having 1 HP. This was actually a glitch that Niantic have since fixed. It should have needed a revive from the beginning. Hence the change.

Lyraglide

Post#5 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:28 pm

WarBeetle wrote:If your Pokemon was defeated when training in a gym owned by your team, your Pokemon would not need a revive as it was shown as having 1 HP. This was actually a glitch that Niantic have since fixed. It should have needed a revive from the beginning. Hence the change.

Any insights as to why I only get pokecoins from the first gym if I am simultaneously holding two gyms (both were my own color before I leveled them up)?

Return to “News”